Sorong city is located in mainland West Papua. Lowland and hill rainforest around Sorong are great sites for visitors who are interested in exploring the biodiversity of birds, reptiles, mammals, insects and tropical vegetation of New Guinea's rainforest.
Here are some blog posts about rainforest tour in Sorong regency that are related to hiking, bird and wildlife watching. In late November 2014, I and my friend Nico Nauw entered Klasow valley for the first time. The jungle "village" of Malagufuk was still a 2 week old hamlet with only 2 big tents as "houses" for the villagers.
|Female Eclectus Parrot (Eclectus roratus)|
- Hiking and Birdwatching in Sorong of West Papua
- Wildlife Tour in Lowland Rainforest of Sorong Regency
- Yellow-billed Kingfisher in Sorong
- Birding Tour in Sorong regency of West Papua
- Birding Trip in Sorong regency of WestPapua
- Birding in Sorong Regency
- Rainforest Tour in Sorong regency
- Rainforest Tour Organized from Sorong Town
- Birdwatching Tour in Sorong Lowland Forest
- Jungle Tour in Sorong of West Papua