|King Bird of Paradise in Susnguakti forest|
We also saw cruiser butterfly, birdwing butterfly Ornithoptera priamus and Swallow-tailed Blue Mountain Butterfly Papilio ulysses.
In the last day before we left our jungle base-camp, our local guide brought a bandicoot that had been caught by a trap. I covered her body, head and front legs and asked a local guide to release the lasso node that was tying her left rear leg. Slowly, she left us and ran into the bush again.
Night Walks in Susnguakti Forest
|Papua Dragon Lizard|
What to bring
- To watch birds and wild animals in this tropical rainforest, visitors need to wear a good pair of hiking shoes and socks, wear dark color clothing such as dark green or dark gray t-shirts and pants.
- Binoculars, and camera with telephoto lens of up to 600 mm are highly recommended.
- For night walk, a hand torch or a head torch will be needed. Don't forget to also bring a rain poncho.
How to get to Manokwari city?
- If you are interested in visiting Susnguakti forest for wildlife watching need to take an international flight from their country to Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
- After that, they could take a domestic flight provided by Garuda, Sriwijaya, and Batik Air to Manokwari city. I could meet you at the airport and organize your tour to Susnguakti forest.
Please, contact me (Charles Roring) by e-mail to: email@example.com or by whatsapp: +6281332245180.